Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Camel Hair Scarf

It seems ages since I've posted anything.  Family has been keeping me a little busy of late, but I do have a little something to show everyone.  I love working with this lovely soft baby camel hair.  This scarf pattern is very easy to do, nice when you just want something to do in front of the TV at night.  It is almost long enough [had a fitting on the weekend..................LOL.........yes, we have scarf fittings at our house!!].  I'm knitting this supposedly 8ply on 6.5mm needles, just to have a slightly looser tension, keeping the feel a little softer.  There will be a tassel at each end.  This pattern was in an Australian Knitting magazine, and is a simple garter stitch, increase one, decrease, and so on, which makes a 'chevron' effect.

I have become interested in the many and varied fibres on the market today, and can't believe how many exciting products we have at our finger tips.  I saw this site some time ago, but had forgotten about it: http://ecoyarns.com.au/index.php    I can see some time wasted [??], and money going out of my account!!!  After knitting with bamboo fibre a few years ago, and more recently using bamboo quilt wadding, I'm quite keen to try some of the newer products available.  I hope you find something interesting on this site.

6 comments:

DIAN said...

Linda, the scarf looks great. Very snuggly which we could use here in Melbourne at present.

Karyn said...

Beat me to it Dianne,I was going to say the same thing; it is very cold here today. The scarf looks lovely adn I am very envious of the person who is to receive it!!

fabriquefantastique said...

I like this blog...I have similar interests, very nice sense of locale, too, I am your latest follower!

Radka said...

It looks very snuggly, but I must admit that a worm scarf is the last thing in my mind right now, with the lovely summer we are having here!
Thanks for the link, I would be interested to know what you think about the bamboo wadding, I usually use cotton with 20% poly.

Anonymous said...

Lovely Linda! Goodness, I feel like knitting something now.

Anonymous said...

Love the scarf! Is the camel easy to knit? Is it just like wool? That link also provided some lovely eye candy too. Although I still have enough wool to make another 13 jumpers, jackets or whatever takes my fancy. Mum has also just started unpicking another two long jackets she made years ago for one for each of us to knit up again!!!! I cant go and spend (sad face) just yet.