Sunday, May 30, 2010

Happy Mail day again.......

Friday was another happy day for me with the incoming mail.  I had been expecting some new yarn, which was on order for a short while.  This is baby camel hair, handspun, from Canada.   I purchased this from Kiri at www.yayforyarn.com.au  It feels so soft and I'm dying to start another scarf for one of the girls.  I hope you can see the colour clearly enough, it's 'camel'...................



Yet another treat for me was the arrival of some very good quality wool felt.  I have had a thing for gathering together wool felt of late, the needlecases and all that..............  The colours in this bundle are just beautiful, as is the quality.  I purchased these from a store in Victoria, the service is excellent and I shall be looking forward to when I 'need' something more from Sandra at www.winterwoodtoys.com.au  I've photographed these with a piece of William Morris print, as I'm hoping to use the dark navy and this print for the inside of one of my needlecases.

And now, ta da, last, but by no means least, I have to say how lovely this little ATC is.  This was made by a lady I've met on various sites.  She says she is very new to ATC making, but this one is so pretty.  I hope the little card I sent as a swap reaches her safely.  Thankfully, when you click on this photo to have a closer look, it is not so squished looking!!!  You can view some of her creations on her blog:  http://socr8v.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

DIAN said...

What a pretty atc to add to your collection:love the colours and the braid.

That yarn looks fantastic. So soft and special. It is really scarf weather here in Melbourne at present. I love the range of colours in the felt too. It is exciting to receive some new materials to play with.

Radka said...

You are a busy girl!

Robin Mac said...

That is a lovely ATC. You are going to be busy with the felt and the yarn. I love knitting with mohair. I have just rediscovered Jacinta's blog from your side bar.......yippee. Cheers, Robin

Jensters said...

Mmm me thinks that ATC is from Michelle, she is doing really well hey.....the colours of the felt looks wonderful Linda and i cant wait to see the scarf you make xx

Iceni UK said...

Linda, I love the colours of felt, beautiful jewel colours, I imagine you will have lots of fun making needlecases from these. And the William Morris fabric ... what can I say... my favourite textile artist anything to do with his designs is heaven to me.

The little ATC is lovely.

Lucky you to knit with a lovely soft wool, I'm going to Canada (BC)in July so maybe, just maybe I will see Camel knitting wool on my travels. I am going to pack an extra bag for all the those
'bits and pieces' I may decide to buy.:)
(sorry, I do go on) :)
Hugs to you.

Linda said...

Thank you ladies. Iceni, I do hope you find the camel hair in Canada, and manage to take some home with you. It's just so soft. The wool felt is so pretty, and such a lovely quality. What you see in the needlecase is just a small sample of the piece.