Today I finally finished this wallhanging, which was started over 12 months ago. It was a kit I'd purchased from Dianne Johnstone. I did, however, change some of the fabric; I appliqued using the hand blanket stitch method [instead of the needleturn method]; and made it into a wallhanging rather than it's intended cushion [now I have a nice lot of the multi-dyed fabric left, as it was supposed to be a frill]. It's very 'pink', but I'm warming more to it now it's done.
I also changed the centre a tad. The original design featured a simple black circle, but I felt like experimenting with Ghiordes Knot and some beading in order to give the flower a little more dimension. I love the fluffy effect and so pleased I tried it. This is a great little knot for adding a little texture.
In an attempt to get the whole process over and done, I grabbed whatever I could from the cupboard for the backing. This is some 'created' fabric. It started out life as a normal piece of calico, but was sprayed with water and Parisienne Essence [from a fairly dodgey spray bottle too I might add]. The wadding was new to me though. I recently purchased some bamboo wadding, and it really is lovely to stitch through.