Thursday, March 24, 2011
I thought it was time I added an update on the hardanger I'm working on. I get time to stitch each day, sometimes quite a bit, especially rainy weekends when there is motor racing on TV!! The photograph above shows the corner section with it's weaving completed, and another smaller section having a slightly different pattern. This will be done all around the outer edge of the table runner. I've more or less decided on all the patterning now, so it's just stitch, stitch, and more stitch from hereon in [oh and some pulling out when the counting is wrong!!].
The photograph above shows the full view of what will be the table runner. I am sorry it's a little scrappy looking, I've not pressed it. I won't do that until everything is finished, and it's had a little rinse out. When I was a girl learning embroidery, my mother frowned on pressing work in progress, as she maintained one would set any body oil into the work. Perhaps she had a point, I am not sure. I just know I rinse everything out these days, prior to the final pressing. I anticipate the finished article to be around 135 cm x 40 cm. Normally I would not cut and weave prior to finishing all the kloster block work, but I had a little problem with unevenly cut fabric, as well as weaving patterns, so I did a corner just to see if all would work. Then I had to go to the opposite corner and make sure the design would fit into what was left on that side, as that was where the offending crooked cutting was located. Lesson learned, look, and look well before you leap, or stitch!!
This photograph is a bit of my design scribble. I don't have a computer program for charting, and have to resort to copied clip art and good old coloured pens, not to mention sticky taping sheets together!! Oh well, it works.
I think I should have enough fabric on the ends to make the eight drink coasters I am hoping for.