Once again the ladies on the Three Creative Studios forum have us exploring an interesting technique this month - stamping. You can see more examples on their forum/website here:
I'm afraid I don't have anything glamorous when it comes to stamps, using some quite crude home made pieces for this [some lollipop sticks and nylon rope glued onto blocks of wood]. I started with a piece of plain black cotton, which I stamped, then backed with black Shapewell and cotton wadding prior to doing a bit of free machining to give it some texture. I then foiled some of the open areas, to give it a lift. Goodness, black picks up all the fluff!!!! I have only foiled with gold - the camera seems to be saying there is another colour there, but it's wrong.
I have used Timtex to give it some body, fusing inside and out before doing a very close black satin stitch all around the perimeter. The back view shows a little more of the design. I finally found a use for those little brass washers I bought at the Hardware [stitched at the centre of the spirals], not to mention the fine gold elastic cord I've had for yonks.
I also knew exactly which fabric I would use for the lining. It's been in my stash for a number of years. This fabric is black cotton with a one-quarter inch square gold grid pattern, just right for this project. I have added a large 'keeper' to the inside in order to accommodate the back of one of those spiral bound notepads. I like this type of notepad, as you can tear out a page without having your book look a mess. Can't wait to use this one. I have a few off-cuts, so may try to make a postcard or two for a quick swap soon.
I have enjoyed this little experiment, and will buy something a little more glamorous for future 'stamping'.