Today I managed to finish two little quilts for our group project. I have to confess to taking the easy option, ie finding fabrics that have the look of being pieced. I had this one in my cupboard, just a little bit of it, and the lovely pale blue chambray made a great border and backing. I'm happy with it. I also have a plain 'wedgewood' blue which I'm using with another square of this fabric.
I was on a roll with the mock piecing, and managed to find another off-cut lurking in the bottom of one of my storage boxes. I think I used this one for a blanket backing some years ago, and felt it might be okay to use. I'm actually thinking I can use some of the little 'pictures' to applique onto other fabrics or felt, possibly for some mini needlebooks.
One more photograph and I'll have to be off to feed some animals. I've stitched the bindings by machine, as I do not think hand stitched bindings are sturdy enough for repeated washing. I am also quite chuffed because the fabric I have used for the binding on this quilt was almost perfect. I bought it at a totally different time, from a totally different store, and it's not even from the same manufacturer - and guess what, I've got heaps of it!!!! The little quilts are 20 inches square.
Tomorrow I think I'll make a start on a little one done in crochet, using some of the yarns I have 'inherited' from my sister and niece.