Monday, January 23, 2012

Another project finished!





Finally....................   I've been trying to get this knee rug done for ages it seems.  I did have a break from it in December, as our air conditioning wasn't working, so having it on my lap wasn't the most comfortable thing to be doing.  This is another project I'm working on, using the yarns sent to me by my sister and niece.  It measures approximately 1.00m x 1.50m, all acrylic yarns, in the simple chevron double crochet design.  I still have more of most of these colours.

And, just for fun, and in case you think I'm almost to the end of the pile of yarn, this is a portable mesh clothes hamper I purchased to keep the yarns together.  More knee rugs, and pram covers to come..............LOL..


I really have to get onto my feather stitch sampler for Week 3 of the TAST2012 challenge.  It had to take a back seat this week, as the crochet was bothering me, plus I am back to watering, and watering, and watering.............no rain to speak of here - maybe this week.  Take care all and hope your week will be productive and fun.



12 comments:

Karyn said...

linda, i hope you get some good rain soon so you can stop watering.
i love the knee rug, it is lovely in those colours. You will have more than enough for the nursing home at the rate you are going. I am almost finished a rug for the future grandbabies but maybe i should skip them and keep it fr my nursing home??? :-)

shirley said...

If I was an Essendon supporter I would buy this ...but I am not sorry....you have been working very hard finishing off projects, I like this pattern it is always stunning no matter what the colours.

WandarArt.Stitch said...

W O W , Beautiful artwork, I like it.
Linda You have great talent,
I wish you great successes,
I greet!

DIAN said...

Linda, this looks great. We could do with some rain too.

Iceni UK said...

Beautiful crochet Linda, love the striking colours. I hope you will soon get as much rain as is needed.
Take care. xx

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Your crocheting Linda is very pretty and colorful. The pattern has a rick rack look. Nice way to store your stash in a mesh bag. Have a great week. Hugs Judy

Frances Leate said...

A stunning knee rug Linda and still lots more yarn to play with. I will look forward to seeing your next stitch sample page. Take care.

Radka said...

Oh, it looks like we are back in commenting business, hurrah!
Well done for finishing your knee rug, it is always a good feeling when another project is done :) I know it is a wrong time of year for you to need one, but I am sure you will put it to a good use. Nice striking design :)
Well done. I look forward to see what you are going to do with your feather stitch :)

Sandy said...

Nice knee rug. Wish we could send you some of our water. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

Anney said...

Linda,the knee rug is most impressive indeed..and what a good idea keeping your yarns altogether in such a way!!
Great News Linda,the parcel has arrived and i'm most impressed..my glasses have already been nestling in the glasses case and the little case with comb in is most useful..thank you so much..how lucky am I to be a winner!!

Dianne said...

This is a really effective pattern Linda and your colours are striking. It will be as warm as toast too.

Soonymary said...

love this pattern. looks like you have heaps to keep you busy!