Monday, May 21, 2012

Surprises!!!





On Saturday night we managed to go dancing again.  It was chilly, but not so bad if you kept dancing.  We had a lovely time, and caught up with people we usually don't see all that often.  The music was pleasant, and thankfully, we managed to get home without colliding with any kangaroos.  As is often the case at country dances, there is a 'dance of chance' so to speak.  It's a little akin to musical chairs I suppose.  In all of our years dancing, we had never been the last couple standing..........until Saturday night.  There are prizes of course, and I received this lovely potted chrysanthemum.

Hubby didn't miss out either, and was VERY pleased when he opened his package, although he is yet to open the box.  He was up with the sparrows again on Sunday morning, and worked on the tractor all day.  He did sleep well last night.

Not all surprises are equal...................I have to admit to having a silly spill late yesterday afternoon, resulting in an injured left ankle, and right thumb.  I really can't explain what I did [and no, I hadn't been drinking], it's just too silly, but at first I thought I'd broken a bone in my foot.  I could walk on it, and it didn't swell up straight away, so I told myself it was fine.  Yes, I've been doing the ice, etc., and today I can get around in an okay way.  I'm rather hobbled with my stitching though, as my thumb won't do what it's supposed to.  We have the local Show tomorrow, and I think I'll have to wear some very soft flat shoes.  Oh well, I don't think I'll take too long to mend.

Thanks heaps for all the comments. 

12 comments:

Vicki Miller said...

sounds like a lovely evening, but such a shame about your spill, later. Look after it and yourself

Anonymous said...

We used to go oldtime dancing every Saturday night and I helped train debs before the girls came along. Not so many oldtime dances around now. No more silly tumbles and look after yourself.

WandarArt.Stitch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DIAN said...

Linda, thanks for the chat today and for always commenting on my blog.

I hope you recover quickly but please don't over do it.

The flowers are really lovely too.

margaret said...

congratulations on the last one dancing, a lovely plant to remind you of your evening, wonder how long the chocs will last though.
I used to do ballroom dancing many many years ago but it must be over 40 years,don`t think I could do it now! would need partner anyway.
Bad luck with your mishap, hope the thumb recovers soon, can`t have it hindering your stitching can we. The foot not so important get people to run around for you and rest it, no of course trust that recovers soon too.
You mention kangeroos, had the shock of my life a few years ago, was driving near Abingdon (near Oxford) when I saw a dead wallaby on the road, rather a long way from home but discovered later there was a farm nearby

Ella said...

Sorry to hear about your spill i hope everything will be back to normal soon.You were lucky at the dance to win lovely prizes .

Frances Leate said...

A girl can never have too many surprises but they should all be good ones! Sorry to hear about your ankle and thumb and I hope you are on the mend. Take care.

Robin Mac said...

What a lovely dancing surprise, but not so good the next day - look after yourself, I hope you make a quick recovery. Hobbling round the local show may be an effort though. cheers

Radka said...

Age is not on our side, LOL!

Karyn said...

Linda,
so sorry you have taken a tumble, i hope it is on the mend now.
the dancing sounds like fun, we don't do anything like that. The plant and the chocolates are nice things to leave the dance with; congratulations!!

Stitching Lady said...

LInda, about dancing: This is fantastic and for the prize winning my congratulations. For your ankle I was already expressing my sympathy. It will pass and the thumb, too. The souvenir of dancing a night long will stay.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Linda, Please forgive I am so far behind. How awful that you took a tumble. Hope you recovery quickly. How super that you won some goodies. I would love that chocolate allot. VBG