Some weeks ago one of my girls asked me to make fresh loose covers for her verandah chairs [folding directors' chairs]. She simply could not buy anything suitable. I managed to cut an old one apart, then promptly forgot how it all went together....... Thankfully, I was allowed to have one chair to use as a 'model', and that certainly helped make the jigsaw a little easier to put together. I purchased the fabric from Spotlight while we were away shopping a few weeks ago. It is heavy cotton duck/canvas, so I hope it wears well. The chairs are on the north eastern corner, and get sun almost all year round. There were some interesting colours to choose from, but I often find really bright colours fade much quicker than neutrals. So, whatever you care to call this, be it, donkey, camel or ecru, I just call it good old common garden variety BEIGE!!!
I did try to find a pattern for this type of loose cover, ie via Google, but everything that was available seemed to be frilly, or tied with a bow at the back - just the thing for catching dust and attracting spiders to make webs! This more sober styling is much easier to care for in the long run.
I decided to cut the pattern pieces from some spare calico, with written measurements on them. I can now store these in a safe place, and have them to hand when this set bites the dust [yeah, sure.........]. As these were copied from a manufactured cover, there were no instructions on how or where to stitch first, and so on. There are some interesting 'extensions' for accommodating the armrests, but it all goes together properly, and easily. There are only three pieces - the long centre piece, from the floor at the back to the floor in the front, and two sides pieces, quite nifty in my opinion, but then, I'm not an expert where soft furnishings are involved.