No, not quite Bob Dylan, but as this project progressed, I found myself singing the song. The leaves floating on the blotchy background reminded me of just that. Of course, this is another sketchbook cover, made from Unryushi paper/Lutradur, rusted and coloured with teabags. I have had this on the go for quite some time, trying to make it work. The gingko leaves have been applied using gold Shiva stick through a stencil, added randomly. I was never really sure how I would use this, but thankfully, in the end it was just the right size for this particular book [A4 landscape orientation].
I have used gold Angelina fibres for 'bling', covered the surface with black tulle, and then free machined around the gingko leaves with black machine stitching, cutting away the tulle from the leaves. I then worked simple running stitch in gold/tan/black perlé threads, followed by a small amount of black metallic foiling. I was rushing when I took the photographs, and forgot to take one of the lining. It is a simple tan/black fleck printed cotton.
Although I like this, I think I'm a tad over the dark and gloomy colours, and have just started working on another journal cover, this time using blues/aquas/purples...............watch this space!!