Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mail Art


I've finally managed to put together a selection of digital images, printed, labelled, and ready to go.  These are to be used for my group's upcoming market stall.  Some of the images began life as one of my photographs, so far removed from the original so as not to be recognizable.  Others began as blank files in GIMP or PSE8.  I have some clear cellophane self-seal packets, and thought these might be something different - rather like a postcard with more.

Each little packet contains the outer page {slightly nicer than copy paper], as well as an A5 sheet with printed lines {normal copy paper].  All that needs to be done is to write the short note, pop it back into the clear packet, seal, stamp and post.  Perhaps it may even brighten the mailman's day.  The image in this photograph was originally some dried and cracked earth - go on, you will see it if you look!!!

I also hope to print some of these {or similar} onto fabric for postcards which will enable a bit of added embroidery.

I'm only making a few of these, as each sheet has been hand cut.  I really need to buy some A5 paper, or a guillotine!!

Thank you for taking an interest in all that I manage to fiddle with. 

8 comments:

N. Maria said...

Yes, you and I are very much alike....we dabble in many areas of art....
Beautiful cards...

DIAN said...

Gorgeous cards and what a great idea for the stall.

WandarArt.Stitch said...

Did
Beautiful cards, and the beauty of spring on the blog, now is a beautifully!
I wish you every success, I greet:)))

Stitching Lady said...

Beautiful cards and I like the things which are going with it and the idea to send it in the clear envelope. A nice thing to sell!

Jensters said...

Wonderful cards Linda....i love all your work always some thing different to look at x

Dianne said...

Loving these cards Linda. A lovely idea I am sure they will go well. I saw Shirley's card and it was beautiful. Well done.

Anonymous said...

They look fantastic Linda and I can see the cracked earth underneath all those gorgeous flowers. Love your cards

Radka said...

Something different again, Linda, you never stand still, well done. I am sure your cards will be snapped up!
And yes, I can see the cracked earth:)