Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Blogging Gift


Last week I received an absolutely amazing surprise, and felt I would love to share it with everyone.  It was something I'd never seen 'in the flesh', and for me, like finding gold I suppose.  This beautiful little antique needlework book was sent to me by a fellow blogger, Jan  and I really am humbled by her generous gift.  

There are some really interesting techniques in this little book, especially the section on linen work.  I know I have dozens of books related to needlework, but I don't have many really old ones, so this has really made my week.

Thank you so much Jan, for your generosity not only with this lovely book, but your support on my blog.  You are always interested in what I call the mundane part of my life.  But, reading your blog I can see you are interested in so many things, a real glass half full girl, that's for sure.  It is a pleasure to 'know' you.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful gift indeed. You are a very lucky lady and it is wonderful of Jan to part with such a treasure. I dream of the day hubby brings me home a box of old embroidery books from his Saturday job. It will happen one day LOL.

DIAN said...

Linda, that is a truly lovely gift and I know how much you love your books. I am sure Jan knows how much it is appreciated and will be treasured.

Radka said...

Beautiful present, Linda, there is something very special about the old needlecraft books :) And just think how many skilled hands it passed through, it could tell some stories...
How nice from Jan to send it to someone who will appreciate it :)

Karyn said...

what a wonderful gift to have received. I hope that hubby wont be too neglected while you pore over it's pages!LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, old needlework books are such a treasure. I find it hard to resist books. Bought a new cross stitch one yesterday, didn't really need - but just HAD to have!! Anne

Jensters said...

Linda how wonderful to receive such a lovely book from a fellow blogger and such a wonderful thing to do......we all have such wonderful friends here x

michelle said...

How lovely Linda ! such a fabulous surprise for you ! I am sure you will have many hours of pleasure reading it ! xx

Mrs Dibble said...

Isn't it lovely to see the older techniques which were so much more detailed - today things are designed so people can whip them up in a flash...but previous generations took time and care and were prepared to put in the effort that modern stitchery seems to disdain. Lucky woman - beautiful gift.