I know I have been very quiet on Blogger lately, but I have been busy getting some stitching and painting done. We've also had an issue with our computer, ie a virus/security risk, which was giving me some grief. Anyway, I hope it's sorted now. The newest sketch book cover has been made by needle felting onto purple [yes, Dianne, purple..........LOL] wool felt. I purchased a lovely multi-dyed batik fat quarter from the Red Bus, and tried to use rovings echoing the colours in the lining. The front has been embellished a little more heavily, with small simple cotton felt flowers as trim.
The embroidery and beading has been continued on the back, but spaced out a little. I don't think I cut it as a needle felter just yet, so hope the added stitching will hide that fact!! I am never quite sure how much to lay down, or how many times I need to needle over it. I guess I'll work it out in the long run. I just know that I enjoy the process.
The inside view will show the fabric a little better, as well as the selection of threads and beads I've used. I also purchased the multi-dyed Caron thread at the same time as the fat quarter, but to be perfectly honest, I didn't know they had similar colouring. All threads and beads were on hand.
I've put together this collage of close-ups and thankfully, the colours appear quite true. Stitches used are couching, running, buttonhole wheels, barred chain stitch [one I hadn't really done until the TAST challenge], random cross stitch, and all the threads are perlé in various thickness.